Monday, August 13, 2012

You are here to risk your heart....(and it's going to be ok)


I take no credit for this whatsoever as it is a quote and is lifted from another blog, one of my favorites....

www.elephantjournal.com  ....

but it speaks to me, resonates with me, vibrates in me and looks, smells, sounds, feels and tastes like truth - to me.

Enjoy.

“Life will break you.


Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.

You have to love.

You have to feel.

It is the reason you are here on earth.

You are here to risk your heart.

You are here to be swallowed up.

And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.

Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

~ Louise Erdich, The Painted Drum

Geez, Louise, that is beautiful, raw, real and alive and I couldn't agree more.  I have developed within me, a most uncanny resilient heart.  I now run full throttle (cautiously) into hope, love, possibility - knowing full well that I may find myself heartbroken at any moment and quite frankly...I. Do. Not. Care.

The ride, the experience, the taste, the chance to know an exquisite person even a little is worth any amount of afterglow heartache that may arise.

Thanks be to the universe and whatever other magic works to make all this nonsense make total sense.

Peace, love and namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment