Sunday, August 12, 2012

the trouble with this whole soul bearing, total honesty thing is...

that you/I learn some very specific and potentially difficult to swallow truths about yourself/myself that it's almost certain you/I need to learn...but does anyone else? (No idea why I am "second personing" this simultaneously with the first person since I am only able to speak about me.)

...sharing yourself, your thoughts, your feelings, your dreams, your past, your hopes, your fears, your faults, experiences, fantasies, time, body, a meal, a conversation, a walk, a dance, a run, a mountain climb, a memory, secrets, a glass of wine, a bottle of wine, a song, (deeeeeep inhale)....your s o u l ....is pretty. fucking. scary.

It's like pulling back a scab and finding pure, immeasurable, likely misguided, born again innocence underneath and choosing to unwrap it, expose it, set it on fire...and then offering it up to whatever may happen.  Good, bad, or ambiguous.

And can I tell you a secret? It took a long time to get here, and I am only interested in living my truth. The raw, real, unadulterated, pure, unrefined, this is who I am, truth.

deeeeeeep exhale.

It's a little something I like to call life. Drinking it in and loving every. single. drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment