Friday, July 9, 2010

counting down to the unknown~ excitement abounds!

I have entered the stage where I can now say..."this is my last weekend in the states" or "this is my last Thursday in the U.S." or some other such dramatic time marker that assigns value and reveals angst about my impending move to Kuwait. I almost said "visit" or "trip" to Kuwait - but the fact of the matter is, that this is a MOVE. As in, picking up, leaving everything and everyone I know and love behind, getting on a plane and flying to a country I have never been in order to live and work and explore the world.

I don't mind telling you that this is extremely exciting and I will try to keep posts on this blog entertaining or insightful and positive and hopefully with some occasional humor threaded within.

Who am I? What a great freaking question for the ages and one I have asked myself since I knew how to formulate the question. In the quickest of descriptors, I am a 42 year old, thrice divorced woman with no children who is about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. I have had many of those, by the way....adventures of a lifetime.... a job I loved with people I loved even more; a marriage that took me places I never dreamed of and left me feeling as if the skin had been peeled from my body and then doused all over with lemon juice (raw, tired and forever changed with an arsenal of lessons learned that would rival Marcus Aurelius').

I am just getting started in blog world and will have more time to give to this effort once I have settled in over in the desert.

So, if this tickles your fancy, piques your curiousity or interests you in any way - stay tuned and read on....

No comments:

Post a Comment