Friday, July 9, 2010

bittersweetness overfloweth...

I've been so fortunate in my life to meet and become friends and family with some truly marvelous people...and have inherited some amazing "nieces" and "nephews" through this good fortune.

Today, I took several of these kids to see the new Steve Carell animated movie, Despicable Me, and what fun it was! I am always amazed a how choked up I get during these cartoons and how skilled the writers are at providing content that tugs at the heartstrings so skillfully. The kids all just thought it was funny.

I hear they edit the content of movies in Kuwait pretty heavily with regards to skin exposure and romance, so that should be interesting....I shall pretend to be Toto from Cinema Paradiso and imagine myself in another time - for surely that is how it will seem....

I'm off now to have a workout, pick up my Kuwaiti dinar from the bank and figure out what else needs to be accomplished before D-Day next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment